- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pastry shell in a non-greased 9 inch pie dish (use a deep pie dish if you have one) and place a double thick layer of heavy duty foil paper over it, covering it completely. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan boil water. Add the broccoli cover the pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Drain it, and place in ice water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss cheeses with flour and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs, add milk, onion and the seasonings mixing well. Stir the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.