Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Homes and it has become our favorite quiche recipe. The crust remains nice and dry and overall this recipe is a winner!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- Place pastry shell in a non-greased 9 inch pie dish (use a deep pie dish if you have one) and place a double thick layer of heavy duty foil paper over it, covering it completely. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan boil water. Add the broccoli cover the pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Drain it, and place in ice water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Toss cheeses with flour and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs, add milk, onion and the seasonings mixing well. Stir the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into the pre-baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nice recipe ... used Swiss and Monterey Jack cheeses as that is what I had on hand.
Wonderful quiche! Just the right amount of everything. I used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Partially baking the crust beforehand worked brilliantly - it baked up nice and flaky and wasn't at all soggy. Thanks for posting!