1/1 Photo of Broccoli Ham Quiche
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Homes and it has become our favorite quiche recipe. The crust remains nice and dry and overall this recipe is a winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1Place pastry shell in a non-greased 9 inch pie dish (use a deep pie dish if you have one) and place a double thick layer of heavy duty foil paper over it, covering it completely. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small saucepan boil water. Add the broccoli cover the pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Drain it, and place in ice water. Pat dry with paper towel.
- 3Toss cheeses with flour and set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs, add milk, onion and the seasonings mixing well. Stir the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into the pre-baked crust.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Ham Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.8
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 489.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 20.3 g