Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw this recipe in a checklane recipe booklet - Taste of Home's 44 Meals Under $10. It looked delicious, so I decided to try it. It tastes as good as it looks. I was surprised that the pancake really does puff up. This is a good way to use up a bit of leftover cooked ham.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) packagechopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- To Make Pancake:.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place butter in 10 pie pan or oven-proof skillet and place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes, or until butter has melted.
- In mixing bowl, beat flour, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 425° for 22 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- To Make Filling:.
- While pancake is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and continue stirring.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook ans stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Reduce heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook 10 minutes, or until heated thoroughly.
- Spoon into center of pancake.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
This is a family favorite of ours. I've made this for years after seeing it in the magazine "Quick Cooking". It's a dish that is almost genious in it's simplicity and trust me, you can't mess this up, it's that easy. You just need a good pot that can go in the oven for the pancake (don't try this with your non-stick!), it will become your family favorite, I guarantee.