Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A perfect holidy brunch dish.
- 14 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish. Layer 7 slices of bread on bottom of dish. Sprinkle half of cheddar cheese over bread slices.
- Layer thawed chopped broccoli, onion, ham and tomato over cheese and bread layers. Top with remaining cheese and bread slices.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, beat well. Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Although we like all the ingredients in this recipe, we did not care for the end product. It was just OK. I followed the recipe as written except used rye bread instead of white and fresh broccoli instead of frozen. The recipe does not list ham in the ingredients which is odd as it is in the name of the dish. I used a ham steak which I cut into cubes. I refrigerated the dish overnight. It's not that it came out bad, just not anything I would bother to make again. Sorry.
Excellent! My family LOVED it! Thanks so much for the great, great great recipe! Oh, and I used hamburger buns and threw in 3 egg whites to make up for the extra egg. :) Thanks!