1/2 Photos of Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Pie
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This pie can also be made using 2 sheets of ready rolled shortcrust pastry. The pie will keep for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Just cut into wedges, wrap in plastic wrap and then in foil. Thaw at room temperature. It is perfect for lunch boxes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g plain flour
- 125 g butter, cubed
- 75 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, rind finely grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- 2To make the pastry, place the flour and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the cheddar, lemon rind, 1 tbs of the lemon juice and the water. Process until the mixture just comes together. Add another tablespoon of lemon juice, if necessary. Turn pastry onto a bench and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 20 minutes to chill.
- 3Roll out 3/4 of the pastry between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to a 38cm disc. Carefully place pastry into a 24cm springform pan and use your fingers to press into the base and sides. Re-wrap the remaining pastry and place in the freezer while making the filling.
- 4To make the filling, cook broccoli in a small saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold water and drain well. Arrange the broccoli, ham and cheese slices in layers over pastry. Combine the ricotta, eggs, milk, green shallots, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix well. Pour over the broccoli mixture. Remove pastry from freezer and grate coarsely over the filling.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (180°C fan-forced) and bake for a further 50-60 minutes or until the filling is set and pastry is golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.2
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.3 mg
- Sodium 527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g