Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had left over ham and didn't have noodles to make my usual ham casserole and found this recipe with rice and it was really nice and it made quite a bit and it was quite filling.
- 2 cups ham, leftover and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, buttered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except crumbs, in a 2.5 quart casserole dish.
- Spread crumbs on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until bubbly.
My BF really liked this casserole. It was very easy to make, but really tasty. I added seasoning salt, onion powder to the dish. Also, I used Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs for the topping. I will definitely make this dish again. Thank you for posting this delightful recipe.
I've had this recipe for awhile now (Forgot where I got it from but It was before I found all the great recipes at the zaar!) and I saw noone has rated it yet. I've made this for my family numerous times over the years and the only thing I do different is use Broccoli and Cheese soup or Cream of Broccoli instead of cream of mushroom and I just buy pre-packaged cubed ham. It's a time saver. Otherwise it's the exact same recipe and I think It's delicious. I Love things like this during the winter months. I think it's worth a try to anyone that hasn't tried it. Even my toddler loves it! (And you know how picky toddlers are!) Thanks Cookingmonster for posting!