Recipe by Sue Lau
A great way to use up extra bits of ham from other meals. Really tasty with some crusty french bread.
Top Review by stephvaughn77
I have no idea why this recipe was listed at 5 stars. It was boring, flat, and lifeless. The kids hated it and my daughter usually LOVES broccoli cheese soup. I thought it was edible at least. It was really missing something. I won't make it again.
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli, roughly chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut small
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in soup pot.
- Add chopped broccoli and cook for 6-7 minutes or until broccoli is just tender.
- Add milk, ham, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring soup to a boil, then add half-and-half, grated swiss, and pieces of butter to the pot.
- Stir soup until cheese is melted and heated through.
- Serve hot.