Recipe by * Pamela *
What an interesting change from tradtional manicotti! You'll love the creamy texture of the cheese sauce! Note: if you slightly undercook the manicotti they will be easier to stuff.
Top Review by The_Desperate_Housewife
My husband really liked this and said that it was better the next day reheated for his lunch. I thought that it was ok -- perhaps I just didn't care for the swiss cheese flavor of the sauce. If I tried this again, I think that I would use a different kind of cheese in the sauce -- maybe some more cheddar. Thank you.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups finely dicd ham
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli (including stems)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 10 cooked manicotti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions until tender.
- Add ham, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and mayo, (I usually add a pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of garlic to taste too) When cheese is melted, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stuff manicotti with ham mixture, dividing between shells evenly, and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add swiss cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Pour sauce over manicotti.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Perfect supper with a crisp salad and garlic bread!