Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
What an interesting change from tradtional manicotti! You'll love the creamy texture of the cheese sauce! Note: if you slightly undercook the manicotti they will be easier to stuff.
- Saute onions until tender.
- Add ham, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and mayo, (I usually add a pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of garlic to taste too) When cheese is melted, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stuff manicotti with ham mixture, dividing between shells evenly, and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add swiss cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Pour sauce over manicotti.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
- Perfect supper with a crisp salad and garlic bread!
My husband really liked this and said that it was better the next day reheated for his lunch. I thought that it was ok -- perhaps I just didn't care for the swiss cheese flavor of the sauce. If I tried this again, I think that I would use a different kind of cheese in the sauce -- maybe some more cheddar. Thank you.
Delicious! My kids loved this meal so much. I'm not a huge ham person, which is why I gave this 4 stars instead of five. If you love ham, this would be a five star recipe! I guess I could probably substitute any other meat . . . I also used canelloni shells instead.
This is very tasty and different. I like finding new ways to use leftover ham. I put my ham through the meatgrinder, along with the broccoli. I increased proportions to fill 14 shells, and increased the cream sauce to 3 cups. I used skim milk to cut a little fat. Very good recipe.