Recipe by Jane Gib
This is a great tasting dish which can be chilled for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2-3 weeks. Serve with rice, pasta, baked potatoes, or use in a lasagna, flan, pie, pancakes or tacos.
- 450 g broccoli
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 40 g butter
- 40 g flour
- 225 g ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 50 g emmenthaler cheese or 50 g gruyere cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 pint single cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the broccoli into florets and place in a saucepan.
- add the stock and bring to the boil.
- cover and simmer for 15 minute
- Drain and reserve the stock.
- Melt the butter and add flour. Pour in the stock, stirring. Boil reduce heat and add the broccoli, ham, capers parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 ,min.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- If you are going to chill or freeze do so now.
- To serve, reheat until boiling, then add cream and heat gently.