1/7 Photos of Broccoli Gratin
A rich and delicious side dish, great for the holidays or anytime. Added note: if you are using regular table salt instead of kosher salt please use half as much...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon butter to butter a 9x9 or 9x13 baking dish.
- 2Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Add the milk, salt, and nutmeg and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the white sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
- 5Put the broccoli in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese and pour on the white sauce. Cover with the remaining cheese.
- 6Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet. Add the bread crumbs and cook, stirring, until lightly browned.
- 7Cover the gratin with the breadcrumbs. Bake at 450 for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 755.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g