Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just viewed over 150 broccoli recipes on this site, all very similar, but none like this one! I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com.
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup green seedless grape
- 1 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I used Splenda with great results)
- Cook bacon in skillet or microwave until crisp.
- Crumble and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the bacon, broccoli, celery, green onions, green and red grapes, raisins and almonds.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I am not much of a broccoli fan, but this salad was delicious! Just the right amount of sweetness to the dressing. Lots of crunchy goodness.
Used a light mayonnaise and light sour cream blend, splenda and no vinegar. Really good flavor and crunch
Great Salad! I replaced the almonds for sunflower seeds, sugar for splenda and regular mayonnaise with fat free mayonnaise. Great Taste! Thanks for the great recipe!!