Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from one of my close friends. She made this for one of our cookouts at Mineral Lake and everyone just fell in love with it. We all had to have the recipe and so I wanted to share it with everyone too. Noone would think that grapes would go with broccoli but it sure does. The dressing really sets off the salad. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 3 lbs fresh broccoli
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 lb green grape, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 lb red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix together broccoli,red onion,green and red grapes and rasins and set aside.
- Mix together in a separate bowl mayonnaise,sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Add bacon and sunflower seeds just before serving.
- Than add the dressing mix and stir to coat salad well.
- NOTE: You may want to make two batches of the salad dressing depending on how much you like over your salads.
- Chill the lefted overs if you have any lefted.
My mom and I made this for Thanksgiving and it was terrific. In the future, I would either cut back on the amount of red onion just a bit (or use a sweeter onion) as I find red onions to be rather strong and that was the taste that was most noticeable. I also used Splenda instead of sugar, which turned out fine. This is definitely a keeper!
This is a great recipe- have been making this for a few years now !