Recipe by Cookin-jo
I knew I would love this salad when I first saw it on a Canadian cooking show, and I did. I've since tweaked it to add some red onion for a bit of bite. I love the fresh flavours of this recipe. It makes a great side dish or a lunch to go. Adapted from Ricardo.
Top Review by karen in tbay
What a beautiful colorful salad - I did not have the parsley and used a whole grain dijon mustard. We all enjoyed the salad - will be a great summer salad as we won't have to worry about mayo base during hot weather. This salad will sit out well and won't wilt!!
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched for 2 minutes in boiling water and then rinsed with cold water
- 2 cups red grapes, sliced in half if large
- 19 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, diced 1/4 inch (leave skin on)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard (I use provencal mustard instead. Add more mustard if you love mustard.)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- salt and pepper, to taste