Can use the stems from the broccoli also, just trim the outside tough skins and chop, you can adjust the garlic to taste. Feel free to add in a red bell pepper also if desired!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lb fresh broccoli (cut into medium-size pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (can use less)
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- In a bowl combine together the soy sauce, green onions, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; mix well to combine.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat; stir-fry until crisp-tender (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add in the soy sauce mixture until thoroughly heated and coated well.
- Season with black pepper if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with sesame seeds.
Easy, good balance of flavors. Would suggest steam broccoli 1-2 minutes with sauce at the end.
Very good! I used the full 2 tbsp of garlic (maybe a little more, we love garlic!) Simple, quick, not to salty, or sweet, great over rice! Thanks!