Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice simple dinner add a chicken breast on the side and a salad.
Make and share this Broccoli & Garlic Pasta for One recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lite olive oil or 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, defatted or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Add wine, broth& broccoli.
- cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with broccoli and cook until both are heated through.
- Season to taste, put on a dinner plate and sprinkle with cheese.
I made this as a simple lunch. I couldn't find any onions so I used a shake of onion powder instead. I also used cold spaghetti from the night before, and I didn't have very much parmesan cheese. In spite of all of these potential set-backs this made a tasty meal that I most definitly will make next time I have leftover spaghetti. :)
Didn't make any changes although I think I might have added double the amount of onion, got a bit carried away. Nevertheless, this was great, cooked this amount and used it as a side dish. I love broccoli my daughter calls it "green death" and will eat it only if it dressed up a bit. This was a perfect side dish, not too overpowering, just right. Will definitely be making this again.
Although I might argue about the balance between, onion and garlic ... the basic idea sounds great. Just rember that Cooking is a creative sport. The pasta should require about 8 minutes if thrown into rapidly boiling salted water