Recipe by catxx
Looking for recipes to use up my late broccoli before it bolts to flower in the heat, I came across this beauty.(Thanks to the FormulaForLife website.) I'm about to have it for lunch...YUM!
Top Review by Bergy
Delish recipe - I cut the recipe to 4 eggs and cooked it stove top only. Once I poured the eggs in I covered the pan. I added 2 tsp of Sambal Olek, no salt or pepper. Lovely flavor combination. I made this for dinner and it was very satisfying
- 500 g broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons nut oil or 2 teaspoons seed oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 slices lean bacon, trimmed of all fat and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 8 eggs
- seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large frying pan (a cast-iron or ovenproof one is good).
- Cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes, add garlic and bacon and cook until onion is soft.
- Add broccoli and tomato, cook for one minute.
- Add seasonings (eg. freshly ground black pepper) to taste.
- Beat eggs in bowl, pour over other ingredients in pan.
- Cook gently without stirring until base of frittata is cooked and golden.
- Place frypan under grill until top of frittata is golden brown and firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or cold.