Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
this is EXCELLENT! a great meal!
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, chopped and sauteed
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 10 ounces broccoli, chopped and cooked
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Saute onions in butter.
- Cook broccoli and drain well.
- Cook brown rice.
- Mix cheese, eggs and milk together and combine with the rest of the ingredients in a greased casserole dish.
- Top with 1/2 cup shredded mozarella cheese.
- Bake 350 for about 30-35 minutes until set and golden.
I hate to write a bad review, but we didn't care for this dish at all. It was very dry and had no flavor at all. Very disappointed that the fresh broccoli I bought was wasted.