Recipe by Rita~
Garlic kicks up this pasta dish along with chipotle. Sweetened with sundried tomatoes. The sundried tomatoes and chipotle will reconstitute in the cooking process so be sure to mince fine.
Top Review by Prose
This was a nice change of pace, although I wish it were just a tad "saucier." Maybe next time I will use less pasta. I was skeptical about the chipotle, but it complemented the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes quite nicely. I didn't have any fresh basil, but I added some preserved basil from a jar. I did garnish it with toasted pine nuts, which I highly recommend, and I used nutritional yeast instead of cheese since I'm vegan. Made and enjoyed for Veg*an Swap, January 2011.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄8 cup minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup minced sun-dried tomato
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- grated cheese
- pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan add broccoli stir fry 2 minutes: add onions and stir fry 1 minute; add garlic, sundried tomatoes, chipotle, and Italian herbs stir fry one minute; add cup of broth bring to boil and lower heat.
- Cover and simmer till broccoli is tender about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and top with fresh basil and sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice & or pine nuts .