Recipe by BrendaM
A healthy low fat fish bake
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This was so easy and yummy! I used regular cream of broccoli soup ,sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and fresh steamed broccoli. I used tilapia as my fish and seasoned it with black pepper and fish seasoning before lying it on the broccoli. It was a hit with my six year old (I made it especially for him-he loves all the ingredients) and also my fish-hating husband tasted it and said it was good-that's saying something. I ate the leftovers for lunch and they were good reheated too. I like this with a baked potato-rice would be great too. I will make this often . I love how quickly it came together and was ready fast but still tasted wonderful.I think a combo of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots would be wonderful also.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli stems or 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into spears,cooked and drained
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet, fresh or thawed frozen (cod, haddock or halibut)
- 1 can campbells healthy request cream of broccoli soup or 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In 2 quart shallow baking dish, arrange broccoli.
- Top with fish.
- In small bowl mix soup and milk and pour over fish.
- Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs, margarine and paprika and sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.