Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy low fat fish bake
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli stems or 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into spears,cooked and drained
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet, fresh or thawed frozen (cod, haddock or halibut)
- 1 can campbells healthy request cream of broccoli soup or 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In 2 quart shallow baking dish, arrange broccoli.
- Top with fish.
- In small bowl mix soup and milk and pour over fish.
- Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs, margarine and paprika and sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
This was so easy and yummy! I used regular cream of broccoli soup ,sharp cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and fresh steamed broccoli. I used tilapia as my fish and seasoned it with black pepper and fish seasoning before lying it on the broccoli. It was a hit with my six year old (I made it especially for him-he loves all the ingredients) and also my fish-hating husband tasted it and said it was good-that's saying something. I ate the leftovers for lunch and they were good reheated too. I like this with a baked potato-rice would be great too. I will make this often . I love how quickly it came together and was ready fast but still tasted wonderful.I think a combo of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots would be wonderful also.
What a wonderful, humble and delicious fish entree. The moisture in the cod I used thinned the soup down to make a perfect gravy for recipe #65802. This will be repeated often at our house. It's terrific.
This was an awesome recipe, thanks for sharing. The only "additive" to this recipe was freshly slice mushrooms on top of the broccoli. I served this with baby new potatoes, butternut and asparagus... Highly recommended Follow the recipe off pat, you can't go wrong.