Prep 12 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Broccoli recipe with eggs and shredded cheese, cooked in the crockpot. From: Southern U.S. Cuisine
- 8 eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 226.79 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked broccoli
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Beat eggs; add milk and beat together.
- Pour mixture into greased crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add cheese, broccoli, mushrooms, salt & pepper.
- Cook on HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours.
I'd never made anything like this in a crockpot before, so I greased the crockpot as Parsley advised. I added an onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic which I'd first lightly sauteed in a pan until they were just softened, and some thyme. And I included more like 2 cups of mushrooms, as we love them. We thoroughly enjoyed half of this for brunch on slices of toasted ciabatta with 2 rashers of bacon. Fabulous! The rest I've put in the freezer for another day. Thank you for expanding my knowledge of how I can use my crockpots, Annacia!Having made this recipe, I'm keen to experiment further.
A great no-fuss eggs recipe! I used fresh broccoli, chopped it small, and just threw it in the Crockpot without even cooking it first. Turned out wonderful. This is great for those of us who are "omelette-challenged." As with any egg recipe, grease your Crockpot well! Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again.