Recipe by HokiesMom
Found on TOH website and this is fabulous breakfast!! I used Swiss cheese for my hubby and low-fat cheddar for myself and the kids. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Perfect for our light dinner tonight. These are definately nice little gems. Made these with swiss cheese, but I left out the salt. My son and I had two each, while the girls had 1. Excellent seasonings here, and great for a small/ light dinner. Made for your win in I recommend /March.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (I roughly chopped mine instead)
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced (I used dried basil)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease six 8-oz. ramekins; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3 minutes. (I used the microwave -- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish and add about a 1/2 cup water and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes). Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt, basil and cayenne; pour into prepared dishes. Break an additional egg into each dish; place broccoli around each egg.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set.