Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on TOH website and this is fabulous breakfast!! I used Swiss cheese for my hubby and low-fat cheddar for myself and the kids. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (I roughly chopped mine instead)
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh basil, minced (I used dried basil)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Grease six 8-oz. ramekins; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3 minutes. (I used the microwave -- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish and add about a 1/2 cup water and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes). Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt, basil and cayenne; pour into prepared dishes. Break an additional egg into each dish; place broccoli around each egg.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set.
Perfect for our light dinner tonight. These are definately nice little gems. Made these with swiss cheese, but I left out the salt. My son and I had two each, while the girls had 1. Excellent seasonings here, and great for a small/ light dinner. Made for your win in I recommend /March.