- Cook broccoli according to package in salted water.
- Drain, saving 2/3 cup water for later (or add water to equal 2/3 cup).
- Put broccoli in bottom of 1-1/2- 2quart casserole.
- In pan, melt 1/2 cup butter, blend in flour and chicken cubes stirring to make smooth paste.
- Add milk, and cheese until smooth.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Mix the 2/3 cup water and 6 Tbsp melted butter together, pour over about 2 cups croutons, mix lightly with broccoli in casserole, cover.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes.