Recipe by bmcnichol
I love to make this dip and put in a bread bowl. It is always a hit.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a wonderfully quick and easy appetizer to make for company. I served it for an appy treat on Father's Day and everyone loved it! So unless you are related to Geo. Bush who does not like broccoli - this dip will work for you! Even my 3 yo grandson kept dipping into it. I used both the bread I removed from the round loaf and bagel chips as the dipping tools! :D Made for Camera-less Chef tag June 2008 (and also posting to Potluck Wonders Event because it is so good!). Thanks for sharing this recipe! Edited to add: My DS and DH thought this would be a great recipe to use served over hot baked potatoes as a quick meal too. I know that I'll be doing that soon too!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb bread, loaf round (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave broccoli in a covered dish on high about three minutes or until thawed. Drain any excess water.
- Add Velveeta and garlic powder. Microwave 2 to 3 minutes or until Velveeta is melted.
- Serve hot.
- If desired, remove the bread from the center of the bread loaf and pour broccoli dip in and serve.