Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter Tasha brought this to a family gathering and I just loved it. Easy to make and believe me it won't last long.
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli and mix.
- Toss in bacon and sunflower seeds.
This is great year round! I only use the red onion and dice it fine.
Very good & interesting salad! I left out the red onion as a personal preference. Loved the flavour combination but thought the sugar could be cut back quite a bit.
Yum! I did make a few adjustments. I used less onion, and added some raisins. I also used veggie bacon bits. Thank you!