Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I cannot remember where I first got this recipe, but it has been a favorite of ours for many years. We like to eat it with fresh bread or rolls on the side.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons water
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Heat& stir until mixed.
- Continue to heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Taste for salt& pepper if needed.
- Whisk flour into water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into boiling soup until it returns to boil and thickens.
- Freeze in gallon sized freezer bags.
- Thaw and reheat in crockpot.
Thanks so much for this recipe! It is great! I threw everything except the flour and water into the crockpot and just left it. I stirred it every so often and TaDa! It was even just the right thickness! I did have to put in a can of cheddar cheese soup though for my cheese loving DH. Thanks again it is awesome!