Recipe by rainedrew
I cannot remember where I first got this recipe, but it has been a favorite of ours for many years. We like to eat it with fresh bread or rolls on the side.
Top Review by Tuckersgammy
Thanks so much for this recipe! It is great! I threw everything except the flour and water into the crockpot and just left it. I stirred it every so often and TaDa! It was even just the right thickness! I did have to put in a can of cheddar cheese soup though for my cheese loving DH. Thanks again it is awesome!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Heat& stir until mixed.
- Continue to heat, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Taste for salt& pepper if needed.
- Whisk flour into water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir into boiling soup until it returns to boil and thickens.
- Freeze in gallon sized freezer bags.
- Thaw and reheat in crockpot.