Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
I got this recipe from another web site and posting it here for safe keeping. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully I'll be able to soon.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very rich, but quite delicious! I used fresh steamed broccoli instead of frozen. I also used reduced-fat versions of the cream cheese, sour cream, and crackers (and it was still very rich). I mixed half of the cheese right into the casserole and sprinkled the other half on top as written. Thanx for a great new broccoli casserole!
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen broccoli spears
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 28.34 g envelopelipton dry onion soup mix
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 473.18 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 Ritz crackers, crushed (1/2 sleeve)
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- black pepper
- white pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli according to package directions until tender then drain well.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic and soup mix.
- Fold in water chestnuts and add seasonings to taste.
- Combine drained broccoli with cream cheese mixture being careful not to break up broccoli.
- Place in lightly buttered 9 inch square casserole dish or 1 1/2 quart oblong baking dish.
- Combine ritz crackers with melted butter.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese then top with crushed cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.