Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from another web site and posting it here for safe keeping. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully I'll be able to soon.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopelipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 18 Ritz crackers, crushed (1/2 sleeve)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- black pepper
- white pepper
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions until tender then drain well.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, minced garlic and soup mix.
- Fold in water chestnuts and add seasonings to taste.
- Combine drained broccoli with cream cheese mixture being careful not to break up broccoli.
- Place in lightly buttered 9 inch square casserole dish or 1 1/2 quart oblong baking dish.
- Combine ritz crackers with melted butter.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese then top with crushed cracker mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
Very rich, but quite delicious! I used fresh steamed broccoli instead of frozen. I also used reduced-fat versions of the cream cheese, sour cream, and crackers (and it was still very rich). I mixed half of the cheese right into the casserole and sprinkled the other half on top as written. Thanx for a great new broccoli casserole!
Thanks for the recipe, just entered what I had on hand and it turned out nice. Added potatoes because of my bf. Served chicken with it.
Four stars for tastiness but minus one star for being pretty much junk food. Extremely high in fat, calories and cholesterol. Found others' reviews very helpful.