Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make this recipe lower cal by using light cheeses and a low fat mayo. Great looking recipe for the holidays. I sometimes use Craisins and then no sugar in the recipe.
- 2 heads broccoli, washed,trimmed and cut into small florets
- 1 cup monterry monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup bacon bits (best if you do your own fresh apprx 3 slices diced and fried crisp, drained)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Combine,broccoli, Monterey Jack, Cheddar,cranberries, bacon bits& walnuts.
- Combine sugar, mayo, cider vinegar Salt& pepper, mix well.
- Pour over the salad and mix well.
I got introduced to a salad similar to this one by a friend after Thanksgiving. I was intrigued and found this recipe. I love the mix of flavors and textures. I used fresh cranberries(ground up), so I added raisins to give more sweetness, to offset the tartness of the cranberries. I used Velveeta crumbles for part of the cheese, and used artificial bacon bits. I did add just a touch more mayo. Thanks Bergy
Yummy, Yummy. Very good salad, I have made other broccoli salads but will put this also with my keepers. The cranberries and two different cheeses added a different little twist. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe made it to my favorites folder in a heartbeat. We all loved it! I used Craisins and did sprinkle in some sunflower seeds along with all the other ingredients and it was very tasty! Thanks for sharing this with us here on Zaar Bergy!