Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found some recipes that were close, but I couldn't find the *exact* recipe that I usually make (ever since I hounded it out of a co-worker after a potluck years ago, even before I had any desire or ability to cook much at all). This salad is always good with almost anything, except maybe pancakes... nah, even then I bet the bacon would make it would be good ;) The whole Craisins thing make this a natural for the holidays that involve some form of cranberries. That said, it's great in the summer, too.
- 1182.95 ml broccoli florets, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 118.29 ml chopped red onion
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled, see note
- 236.59 ml sunflower seeds
- 236.59 ml craisins dried sweetened cranberries
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- (Bacon note: Original recipe calls for 1 C cooked and crumbled bacon, but for Nutrition Info to appear and include bacon, I had to go with 8 slices. Truthfully, I use about a whole 12 oz to 16 oz package.).
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined using a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
Used Ocean Spray Cranraisins! Crowd pleaser!! I was served this salad at a Tea Room in Quitman, TX and it was absolutely delicious. Came home and researched the recipe. Took the dish to buffet luncheon and was devoured within minutes. What's so nice is you can prepare this recipe by cutting back on the fat/calories through the mayo, sugar, cheese and bacon.
This was awesome! I made a few changes because I am watching my calorie intake so here goes... I used fat free mayo, splenda and Hormel real crumbled bacon (30% less fat). Thanks for the great recipe!
This was delicious - I made it with just broccoli, bacon, and cranberries. Thank you so much!