Maggie, Cooking's Note:
I found some recipes that were close, but I couldn't find the *exact* recipe that I usually make (ever since I hounded it out of a co-worker after a potluck years ago, even before I had any desire or ability to cook much at all). This salad is always good with almost anything, except maybe pancakes... nah, even then I bet the bacon would make it would be good ;) The whole Craisins thing make this a natural for the holidays that involve some form of cranberries. That said, it's great in the summer, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, see note
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup craisins dried sweetened cranberries
- 1(Bacon note: Original recipe calls for 1 C cooked and crumbled bacon, but for Nutrition Info to appear and include bacon, I had to go with 8 slices. Truthfully, I use about a whole 12 oz to 16 oz package.).
- 2Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- 3Combine dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined using a fork or wire whisk.
- 4Add dressing to salad and mix well.
- 5Refrigerate 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.0
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 644.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g