Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy, good with chicken and a green salad. Not gourmet, but good.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces sour cream, i use low fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Grease a 8x8 pan, I use Pam.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake@ 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until bread is pulling away from side of pan.
- Let sit for 15 minutes until cutting.
This is very nice and has lovely flavor. I think I would use only 2 or 3 eggs next time. It might be good with some corn kernels added in as well. Thanks for sharing!
I made this for my parents and Dad loved it! Mom really liked it but thought it was a bit too sweet so I told her it could probably be made with the "Corn Kits" cornbread mix which contains no sugar (she's diabetic so tends to like things less sweet than Dad does). However, this was a great recipe in my opinion and I will make it again. I tried this again with Corn Kit mix with 1 Tbsp of sugar added and it was very very good. Made a third time with the Corn Kit and sugar, divided the batter in half, put chopped jalapenos in half the batter for Dad and I and it was also very very good that way! This is on my regular rotation of sides to prepare. Love it!
Yum yum! This is a tasty side dish. I omitted the butter and used fat free sour cream to lighten it up. I only had to bake mine about 30 minutes probably b/c I left out the butter though. Thanks Mandabears!