Recipe by Schwabina
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend, who passed away a couple of years ago. I liked it so much that she used to give it to me as a birthday present! It's very rich, so I like to cut it into very small squares for serving. It also freezes very well.
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix corn muffin mix, eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, onion and milk in bowl.
- Make sure broccoli is well-drained and pat dry.
- Add to other ingredients in bowl and stir.
- Pour contents of bowl into baking dish; mix lightly with the melted butter/margarine.
- Bake in 350° oven for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.