Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist and cheesy cornbread. You have to try this one!
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 head broccoli, chopped fine (extra large)
- 2 large sweet onions, preferably vidiala chopped fine
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Mix all ingredients except Jiffy mix.
- Add Jiffy mix last.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden brown like cornbread.
- Enjoy while it's hot!
The most difficult thing I had to do preparing this was to chop the onions and broccoli. This was easy and very delicious. I've tried about 5 different broccoli cornbread recipes and this one is the best! Note: instead of one head of broccoli, I used 2 (10oz) packages of frozen broccoli florets (thawed & drained, of course).
The rave reviews I have gotten on this recipe have been wonderful. I did not have fresh broccoli but I had a bag of frozen that I chopped up, never thawed it and it worked fine. One other thing, I only had large curd cottage cheese and I put that through a ricer and it worked fine as well. The onions really makes the bread wonderful. I cannot wait to make it again with chili when it gets colder!
My husband and I have made this cornbread 3 or 4 times. It is sooooo delicious, but so rich. We've decided to make it every now and then so that we can feel free to indulge! It is very easy to make, especially when you use a food processor to chop the broccoli and onions. It scares me to put so much butter and cheese in this dish, so I use 1/4 cup butter and a little less cheese. It is totally worth every bite!