Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend from work shared this recipe with me. It is great and easy to throw together!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- Remove excess moisture from broccoli. Combine cornbread mix, eggs, onion, cheese, butter and seasonings. Stir thoroughly. Fold in broccoli.
- Batter will be thick. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minute Cooking time does not include thawing broccoli.
This was my first time to make broccoli cornbread but not my last. For the cornbread mix, I used Recipe #167160. I could not bring myself to use the full amount of butter and reduced it. The mix was very dry after everything was mixed in and I added some buttermilk. The cornbread was baked in an 8x8 inch square pan that was sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. This was served with Recipe #359782 for a comforting dinner. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*