Recipe by Sunshine Forever
A friend from work shared this recipe with me. It is great and easy to throw together!
Top Review by PaulaG
This was my first time to make broccoli cornbread but not my last. For the cornbread mix, I used Recipe #167160. I could not bring myself to use the full amount of butter and reduced it. The mix was very dry after everything was mixed in and I added some buttermilk. The cornbread was baked in an 8x8 inch square pan that was sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. This was served with Recipe #359782 for a comforting dinner. Made for *PAC Spring 2009*
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove excess moisture from broccoli. Combine cornbread mix, eggs, onion, cheese, butter and seasonings. Stir thoroughly. Fold in broccoli.
- Batter will be thick. Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minute Cooking time does not include thawing broccoli.