Recipe by jackdenton
This recipe is a crowd pleaser and if there is any left over it freezes well - just reheat in microwave. I believe I got this recipe out of the Favorite Recipe section of our newspaper. At family gatherings, I am often asked to bring this dish
Top Review by **Mandy**
Made quite a nice side and is great as it has enough vegies that you only need this with a main. A bit too eggy for me but still tasty, not popular with miss 5 year old but hubby & I both ate it up.
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (24 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a vented covered dish; add water. Cook 4 minutes in microwave. Drain; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cottage cheese, eggs, butter and flour in container of electric blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine broccoli, corn, cheese,onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cottage cheese mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle bacon over casserole. Bake 45 minutes.