Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From 30-Day Gourmet. This is a very sweet way to eat broccoli, and one way my picky picky DD (6yo) will eat broccoli without complaint. This freezes very well (I tested it before posting). For the breadcrumbs you can either use homemade bread crumbs, store bought breadcrumbs, or crumb-style stuffing mix (as opposed to the cubes).
- Melt butter, and add bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Combine eggs, broccoli, creamed corn, onion, salt and pepper. Stir 3/4 bread crumbs into vegetable mixture.
- Spoon into 9x13 inch (or two 1.5 quart casseroles) and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- OAMC: You can freeze this in a kit form, with the vegetable mixture in a large labeled freezer bag (2 gal. for one full recipe, or two 1 gal. bags) and the crumb topping in a smaller bag, taped together. Or you can freeze in a foil lined casserole (thoroughly crimp foil over top, once frozen solid, you can pop this out of the dish, label and stick back in the freezer). Thaw in refrigerator and bake as directed.