Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great salad! Can be used as a side dish or served with wraps or rice for a light meal.
Make and share this Broccoli, Corn and Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh corn, cooked and taken off the cob
- 2 cups fresh cooked broccoli, cut up small
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, broccoli, tomato, onion, pepper and parsley.
- Juice the lemon and put juice in a samll bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper and wisk together.
- Add to vegetables and stir.
- Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir again and serve.
This doesn't make 5 stars only because there is no WOW factor. I used the whole head of broccoli rather than measuring 2 cups chopped. It was considerably more than 2 cups. This is a good, easy dish. The ingredients blend very well together with no one standing out more than the other, even with the extra broccoli. The simplicity of this side dish will go well with all types of main courses. We are vegetarians and this was a great main dish with a little side of buckwheat noodles. My guests to dinner both gave this 2 thumbs up and requested the recipe. We will make this again.
Very easy to make, very tasty, and very healthy! We loved it.