Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy alterative to tradition coleslaw, it stays crisp, crunchy and full of flavor. Perfect for picnics, potlucks, and family meals.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded broccoli slaw mix (found w/ the Packaged salads in produce section)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (at least)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 lb chopped cooked crispy bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- black pepper
- -CombineBrocolli slaw, onion, raisins, and sunflower seeds.
- -Ina separate bowl mix mayo, vinegar, sugar, and pepper to taste.
- -Blenddressing into slaw mix, cover and refrigerate overnight or a few hours.
- -Rightbefore serving mix in bacon.
This is a very good recipe. I substituted imitation bacon bits for the real bacon, mixed sunflower seeds with pumpkin seeds and also used balsamic vinegar. This was a salad of almost nirvanic proportions!
I made a few changes based on what I had, and it turned out great! I used cranberries, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. I also omitted the seeds and bacon and substituted 2 Tbs of very finely chopped yellow onion for the red. I would definitely make it this way again next time as it was delish!
I tried this twice now with a few changes and love it. I only used four slices of bacon to cut down on fat, used toasted almond slices because I didn't have sunflower seeds on hand and used dried cherry flavored cranberries instead of raisins. I made it this way the second time, too, because it was so good.