Kozmic Blues's Note:
This soup was AMAZING and full of flavor. The original recipe added 1/2 cup of cooked shrimp into the chowder, to make a full meal, but for vegetarians, the chowder itself was perfect on its own. I have listed dairy and non-dairy alternatives for two of the ingredients listed below, for either vegetarians or vegans. I also added 1 tsp of a spice called Sandwich Sprinkle made by Penzeys. I listed garlic powder in the ingredient list below as a suitable alternative
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk or 1/2 cup soymilk, plain
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1Combine diced potatoes, broccoli, shallot, vegetable broth thyme and garlic powder in a medium pot, cover and cook on medium until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Pour soup into a blender and puree until smooth. (or immersion blender would be perfect here!).
- 3Return soup to pot.
- 4Add skim or soy milk, sour cream or soy yogurt, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Simmer until hot, another 3 minutes. Do not let boil.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Chowder - Ww Core
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 338.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: