1/1 Photo of Broccoli, Chickpea and Root Vegetable Soup
If you cannot get a celeriac or have never used it and don’t feel adventurous enough to try a new vegetable, please use a different root vegetable, such as sweet potato, parsnip, rutabaga, or turnip. Fore more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 stem broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 inch-length ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- vegetable stock (enough to barely cover vegetables in the pan)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cooked chickpeas, rinsed (or homemade chickpeas)
- 1In a large pan, place all the vegetables and add vegetable stock or water and vegetable cubes to the level that barely covers the vegetables.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook until all the vegetables are tender. (If you have a pressure cooker, cook about 8 minutes under pressure and use a natural releasing method.).
- 3Use a hand blender, blender or food processor to purée the soup.
- 4Add curry powder (optional). Add salt if necessary (I didn’t use any.).
- 5Add chickpeas.
- 6Infuse love and serve!
Browse Our Top Pumpkin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pumpkin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Chickpea and Root Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 353.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: