Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This easy recipe came from the March 2004 issue of Everyday Food. It is quick to put together and a colorful and delicious salad. I prefer to eat it right away, still slightly warm. I think it would be good sprinkled with crumbled feta cheese or with some chicken or tuna for a main course salad.
- 1 lb broccoli, florets only, steamed until crisp tender
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- coarse salt
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I use the small grape or berry tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- In large bowl, whisk Dijon mustard with red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Stir in red onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and broccoli; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, room temperature or chilled.
I made this and took a little with me to lunch this week as a side dish. Great flavor and texture. Thanks!
Great salad! I've made plenty of salads with chick peas, but like the addition of the broccoli in this. The dressing gives it a little 'tang' to counter the mellow taste of the chick peas. Thanks for a great lunch Nadia!