Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Light and Tasty.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 170.09 g package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml cold water
- 946.36 ml hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, red pepper, water chestnuts, snow peas, onion and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan and sprinkle with Chinese Five spice.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth and gradually stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Colorful and delicious. It's a nice change from the usual brown sauces that are usually added to stir-frys. I added a handful of sliced mushrooms. Thanx for posting this. I'll make this again.