Really Good!!! 4 servings at 7 ww points each. Full meal in itself.
Make and share this Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole - Low Fat recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (or packets)
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 -2 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- Bring the one cup of water to a boil and add Oxo and chicken, cook until chicken is done.
- Steam broccoli and carrots until tender.
- Line bottom of a casserole dish with rice and top with carrots, broccoli and chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together soup, parmesan cheese, milk and seasonings, and pour over the casserole.
- Mix melted butter and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over top, bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Made this with Uncle Bens Wild rice with garlic blend. Also one of the cans of soup was cream of mushroom. Didn't add anymore salt or garlic. We had to cook it at least 2ce as long cuz the carrots wouldn't get done. This caused the chicken to get over-done. Really good flavor, though. Will cook the carrots next time or cut them up smaller so they get done more quickly. (I also cooked the brocolli first as it was frozen, but that probably wouldn't have mattered in the end.)
Tasty dish. I made a few adjustments... used cooked quinoa for the rice (I agree it could use more than 1 cup), sub'd 5 oz of yogurt for 1 can of soup & used 1/8 tsp garlic salt for the regular salt (soup is already quite salty). For 4 servings I used 1 1/4 lb of chicken & it was just right portions for us. Thanks for sharing a quick easy & tasty recipe.
My family and I loved this! I used 2 cans of cream of chicken and white wine soup and came great! Thanks for the easy recipe!