Recipe by sbera007
This was inspired by a broccoli cheese stuffed potato recipe I found, but it seemed to be a little labor intensive, so I decided it would work better as pizza. This is an original "sbera007" creation! We were serving 6 so we let our dough rise so it would spread into a jelly roll pan. If using a store bought dough, I would double the dough. Feel free to half the topping for 4 people and use a single store bought dough. Halving the recipe will alter the cooking time a little bit. (NOTE: I included the time for the dough to rise in the recipe time. This will be different if you use a different pizza crust).
Top Review by peakesum
Awesome! I keep snacking on this as I make the second pizza! So quick and easy! I cooked the chicken in the crock pot with the spices and shredded it yesterday (I like to crock pot a lot of chicken and separate it for multiple recipies); used one bag of Green Giant Steamers because they seem to be all flowers and chopped perfect for this recipe (prepared as directed on the bag); also used two tubes of Pillsbury thin pizza crust (cooked one pizza at a time). My only addition was a tsp of minced garlic to the topping. I split the topping between the two crusts and it worked perfect. I gave my kids (4 and 7) a bite after the first pizza popped out of the oven and they are already begging for more! Definitely a winner.
- 1 pizza crust (I use No-Knead Food Processor Thin Crust Pizza Dough)
- 2 cups broccoli (steamed and chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- oregano (to taste)
- basil (to taste)
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like it hot, less if you don't)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare dough.
- While dough is rising or sitting, steam broccoli and cook chicken with olive oil, oregano and basil to taste, until no longer pink.
- Spread the dough into a prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop cooled chicken into small chunks and chop steamed broccoli.
- Combine chicken, Ricotta cheese, broccoli, 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, dry mustard, and crushed red pepper.
- Remove crust from oven.
- Spread with ricotta mixture.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook until cheese is browned (10 to 15 minutes).