Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
When there is no time to cook for my family, I whip up something so easy that my youngest in college can make for his roommates. It's quick and simple. You may grill your own chicken breast and use fresh broccoli.
- 10 ounces basil pesto
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into small florets or 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 (6 ounce) tyson grilled chicken breast strips
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut the fresh broccoli buds into small florets, leaving as short a stem as possible; set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in salted water for about 4-5 mins or until al dente. Remaining 3 mins add the reserved florets into the same pot and boil 3 minutes, retaining the bright green color and a bit of crunch. Then place the chicken breast strips into the same pot just to warm it up about a minute. If you're using frozen you can wait until 3 mins are remaining. Add the chicken first that frozen broccoli.
- Drain pasta, broccoli and chicken. Pour warm sauce over the pasta and stir gently to combine; plate and sprinkle with shredded parmasan cheese or your choice of cheese.
A little dry. Could use some oil, or something added to the pesto. But it was good.
My family is very picky. I had my mother & mother-in-law over to try the recipe. My whole family loved it including my kids
The Broccoli Chicken Pesto is Great! I made this tonight with grilled chicken I already had cooked and we gave this 5 stars. I'm adding this recipe to my favorites!