Prep 1 hr
Cook 22 mins
I first had these at a luncheon I attended. I got the recipe and have made them many times for my family. Great for a light lunch, usually serve with soup.
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquick or Pioneer Baking Mix)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in broccoli and chicken.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan, filling to top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.
These are very good, but they are listed as a "low residue diet" recipe. Broccoli is listed as a food to avoid for people on a low residue diet. Too difficult to digest
Thanks for the inspiration! I used buttermilk substitute (1 cup of milk mixed with 1TBSP vinegar); used a marble cheese instead of parmesan, and therefore only used 1 TBSP oil to compensate for the oil in the cheese. Also tossed in a handful of FMV (Frozen Mixed Vegetables) :)
Great I made them in jumbo muffin pan so it made six. They came out great. I used caned chicken chunks and used the broth as some of the milk and used powdered buttermilk. Thank you so much. We will sure make this again it is a keeper.