Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this on the Gooseberry Patch website and I'm posting for safe keeping. It can be found in the "Goosberry Patch: Best-Ever Casseroles" cookbook. It calls for 4 strips of lasagna but I think I may wind up using more. I will update after I make it.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets, cooked
- 4 prepared lasagna noodles, divided
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in flour, bouillon, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Mix in chicken and broccoli.
- Spread 1/2 cup mixture in the bottom of an 8"x8" baking pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Top with half the lasagna.
- Top with half the remaining sauce; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Absolutely Delicious!!!! Mom made it for a 'side' to a Memorial Day dinner. It was perfect. I should have taken a picture of it. I will at Thanksgiving. When I get picture I will add it to the recipe here. I made it a 2nd time with not too much chicken[ what is called for] and same with broccoli[what is called for]. The picture is when I put too much chicken and broccoli in it. It was still yummy.
this was very nice I made it with left over turkey. I did use more turkey,noodles and broccoli then it called for, but it was very good and almost everyone enjoyed it. thanks for sharing