Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on the Gooseberry Patch website and I'm posting for safe keeping. It can be found in the "Goosberry Patch: Best-Ever Casseroles" cookbook. It calls for 4 strips of lasagna but I think I may wind up using more. I will update after I make it.
Top Review by Joy'sfood
Absolutely Delicious!!!! Mom made it for a 'side' to a Memorial Day dinner. It was perfect. I should have taken a picture of it. I will at Thanksgiving. When I get picture I will add it to the recipe here. I made it a 2nd time with not too much chicken[ what is called for] and same with broccoli[what is called for]. The picture is when I put too much chicken and broccoli in it. It was still yummy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 4 prepared lasagna noodles, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in flour, bouillon, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Mix in chicken and broccoli.
- Spread 1/2 cup mixture in the bottom of an 8"x8" baking pan sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Top with half the lasagna.
- Top with half the remaining sauce; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.